414. Dreams come true...
415. Prayers are Answered...
416. And Miracles Happen!
That's a quote I have on our wall at home - and it is so true today! Bryson and Alan just left the Dr. office in Mesa - after 3 months - his bone has FINALLY healed! He has been released to do anything he desires except contact sports. He will see him again before school starts to make a decision on f-ball. We are so excited and VERY VERY VERY THANKFUL!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
414. Dreams come true...
Posted by Vicky at 11:19 AM
Monday, May 21, 2012
412. School is almost out!!!!!! ( I love having my kids home!)
413. Bryson's skin graft is almost completely closed (even the area where it did not originally take)
Bryson has another appt. on Wed. with both surgeons. Anxious to hear if the bone in his arm looks any better.
Posted by Vicky at 9:30 AM
Sunday, May 6, 2012
The other day I was thinking...my recording of blessings has really slowed down. But it's not because they have gone away and I am not being blessed, I think mostly I just didn't want to ever repeat the same blessing. Today I realized that is FOOLISH and IMPOSSIBLE to not repeat a blessing - because I am given so many blessings each and every day, that are repeated day after day after day. Our Heavenly Father is AMAZING in his kindness he shows us! So this post is to count all 205 past blessings as blessings and tender mercies in my life AGAIN. I guess that jumps me up to #411. Wow I am blessed! :)
***Just talked with Morgans Mom - her appt. is still on for tomorrow! PLEASE keep praying!
#411. MY LIFE
Posted by Vicky at 9:50 PM
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Bryson had surgery again this week. They took out all the external hardware and evaluated things. Looks like we are playing the waiting game again. The bone has not healed yet so the Dr. wants to reevaluate things in 2 weeks then 6 weeks - still hoping for NO bone graft, but we will see what time brings. The body has been making new bone - but currently it has not put the new bone where it needs to be. He has been in some pain since the surgery (which Dr said should be expected). But overall doing well. The skin graft is still healing. The Plastic surgeon was suppose to be in surgery with him this week also, but was called out to an emergency. He will re-eval in 2 weeks to see if they need to do any more with that. Anxious to get this all done, but very thankful he is this far through it! :)
204. Bryson got Panda Express (not once but twice after surgery) - he was very happy (it's his fav!)
205. Dad/Son time - Alan took Bryson for surgery - I stayed home with other kids that were not feeling to well. One on One time together with a child is precious even when it's for a surgery! :)
***Morgan goes back to Dr. on Monday - praying for a miracle for her!
Posted by Vicky at 2:54 PM
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Bryson has to give a "How to" demonstration in English class... Guess what he is Demonstrating. HOW TO wrap his arm. He told the class that the blood Zone will be the first row of chairs! Crazy kid. He has to change out his graft dressing every night - and has learned to do it by himself. Talented!
202. Beautiful Weather - Such a perfect day today. Spend time outside in the yard - wish everyday could be like today!
Posted by Vicky at 12:23 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Our Heavenly Father loves His children. He has blessed each with physical and spiritual gifts. Let me speak of each type. When you sing “I Am a Child of God,” think of His gift to you of your own physical body. The many amazing attributes of your body attest to your own “divine nature.”
Each organ of your body is a wondrous gift from God. Each eye has an auto focusing lens. Nerves and muscles control two eyes to make a single three-dimensional image. The eyes are connected to the brain, which records the sights seen.
Your heart is an incredible pump. It has four delicate valves that control the direction of blood flow. These valves open and close more than 100,000 times a day—36 million times a year. Yet, unless altered by disease, they are able to withstand such stress almost indefinitely.
Think of the body’s defense system. To protect it from harm, it perceives pain. In response to infection, it generates antibodies. The skin provides protection. It warns against injury that excessive heat or cold might cause.
The body renews its own outdated cells and regulates the levels of its own vital ingredients. The body heals its cuts, bruises, and broken bones. Its capacity for reproduction is another sacred gift from God.
Be we reminded that a perfect body is not required to achieve one’s divine destiny. In fact, some of the sweetest spirits are housed in frail or imperfect bodies. Great spiritual strength is often developed by people with physical challenges, precisely because they are so challenged.
Anyone who studies the workings of the human body has surely “seen God moving in his majesty and power.” Because the body is governed by divine law, any healing comes by obedience to the law upon which that blessing is predicated.
Russell M. Nelson
193. Our bodies - they truly are a Gift from God!
Bryson had follow up appointments back on March 30th with both his Plastic and Orthopedic surgeons. Both Doctors were pleased with his progress. The grafts seems to be taking well - we just need to be watching for signs of infection. We also got good news where the bone is missing - the Dr. saw signs of new growth activity in the area of bone loss. He's not for sure but it looked promising! Our bodies are miraculous! Truly a gift from God - designed so well and perfect for what we need to enjoy and endure our journey here on earth!
194. ALL our friends - you are all so amazing for the kind acts of service performed for us! I could not even begin to mention them all - there are so many - just please know how thankful we are for all of you!
196. The Leaders of our Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - they seemed to know exactly what I needed to hear during conference!
197. Morgan - praying for a miracle for her. She goes back to the Dr. on May 7th for another MRI and they want her to meet with the oncology team - Please pray and fast for her Please!
198. My Savior - Easter - His Birth, His life, His Sacrifice for me, His willingness to suffer for me, That He understands what I am going through personally,His Example, His Death, His Resurrection and that someday He will return!!!!
199. Blessings - It's amazing how looking for blessings from our Heavenly Father can lift you - your whole outlook on life can be different - It's wonderful when you look for them. The problem is that sometimes life can be so stressful that you seem to forget to look - at least that is what happens to me. I just need to remember to look daily for them - life is great, I am so blessed and when I remember to look for those blessings and acknowledge where they come from - life is easier even when it is hard!
200. My Heavenly Father!
Posted by Vicky at 2:18 PM
Life has seemed so crazy and busy since we returned home. I think today was the very first time in quite a while that I have not one single dish or spoon in my sink. So thankful! It's my little miricle of the day!
Posted by Vicky at 2:16 PM
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
They were jumping up and down right in the middle of the street when we got home. Blake and Kaci gave Bryson lots of hugs. Kaylee was gone but was sure anxious to see him later that evening. I think it was the first time ever that I have returned home from being gone for a length of time and not be the center of my younger kids attention - bryson was the one they wanted to see. I loved it-so sweet and caring! Blake and Kellie even had a cheer...."1 2 3 Welcome Home Wildcat"!
Posted by Vicky at 10:19 AM
Monday, March 26, 2012
I love Sunday - so thankful for a day to rest, reflect and regroup for the coming week.
184. The Sacrament-Bryson had 2 friends both Priests in our Ward bring the sacrament to him. What a wonderful experience for all of us. They did this with such reverence.
185. Service - We had several acts of kindness performed for us today. Dinner, cake, brownies, and a very famous peach pie (Bryson even said he might break his other arm sometime to get another pie) ha ha he better be joking! Everything brought to us was very delicious and very much appreciated. The Elders even came and ate dinner with us. Busy Busy day!
186. Teachers Quorum - they came during priesthood to visit and even taught the lesson here in our home with Bryson. So cool -
187. Amazing Teachers Quorum leaders - that think to do such nice things!
188. My Heavenly Father - This past week I have shed many tears - there were 2 procedures that they did by the bed side - that brought on such intense pain for Bryson that even though he was strong - I cried and cried - I would have to walk away for a bit then return to him - I would go back and forth because I could not bear to watch him in so much pain. Made me so Eternally grateful for the willingness of our Heavenly Father to allow our Savior Jesus Christ to bear the most intense pain - un describable pain that I can not even imagine. Even though Heavenly Father new it was what needed to happen - I am with out dought that he suffered and cried and wanted to take it away for him - I am so Eternally in Debt that he allowed it to happen.
189. Tears - because if they could not flow freely - my head would have exploded by now!
190. Two awesome Home care nurses - The hospital would not allow us to leave until we had someone that could take care of Bryson's would vac and change his dressing on the graft. They wanted home care to be involved buy Flagstaff was short staffed and Showlow would not go past Holbrook. So we called 2 great ladies in our ward - nurses. Today they came and worked for 2 hours - and were amazing! Thank you!!! They even brought doughnuts, twix and watermelon Arizona - he was thrilled! We could not have asked for any better service!
191. Patriarchal Blessings -
Posted by Vicky at 11:34 PM
Saturday, March 24, 2012
182. Beautiful World and Beautiful weather
Been home for almost 24 hours now. It's been a good day - pain meds have kept pain under control. So thankful
Posted by Vicky at 5:15 PM
Friday, March 23, 2012
I have lots to post but it Will have to wait till later. But I do have to say....I have one incredible son! Alan and I are proud to be his parents! He is amazing! He went through some tough procedures today with high pain and handled it so well!
175. Discharge papers!
176. Panda express (his first meal out of the hospital)
Posted by Vicky at 3:55 PM
Thursday, March 22, 2012
169. Goldfish crackers and sprite (a staple for Bryson after surg)
170. Hospital workers..all of them people who take out trash, etc...
172. Phone calls home!
173. Medical advancements
174. Hope! The hope that we are going home tommorow!
Posted by Vicky at 10:34 PM