CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Yummy Yummy Funny Lunch...

Kelli and Kalynn are over today playing so for lunch I fixed them something special...OCTOPUS AND SEAWEED! When I announced what I was planning on cooking - Blake and Kelli were a little nervous (they actually begged for mac n cheese) - but were so excited after they saw what it was. Take a look for yourself!

Best Friends and Cousins!

KK thought it was YUMMY!

Just in case you want to give it a try...

The seaweed (ramen noodles) is normally green - but since i was out of green food coloring we have brown. Just add the food coloring to the water when you cook the noodles. To make the octopus - use hotdogs that are still half way frozen (it makes it easier to cut) then on about 3/4 of the hotdog (long ways) - cut it like a pie to make the 8 legs. When you boil them in a big pot - the legs will flip out to make it look like an octopus. I usually use mustard or ketcup for the eyes. I use to make this for my older kids when they were little and they would beg for it. Today was Blake's first time.

0 comments: